1.5

My complaint is with the quality of service or with the movie. My complaint is that I went to your establishment on a Sunday afternoon (matinee) with my wife, son(7), and daughter(4) and spent $36.00 on 4 matinee tickets and that's with a military discount.

Your tickets are ridiculously overpriced and should not be the regardless of age! I then went to your concession area and purchased two large soft drinks, two small icees, and a large popcorn for $35.00! I spent $70+ on a Sunday afternoon at the movies with a family of four!! I'm thoroughly displeased with this and will not be returning to a Regal Cinema.

With this economy it should be clear that your prices are ridiculous and that a low income family like mine should have to "break the bank" just to enjoy a day out. You should be ashamed of yourselves, Regal!

Also, after we purchased our OVERPRICED tickets and OVERPRICED concessions we were told that my wife's purse had to be searched for weapons. Although, we do not carry weapons we still do not consent to searches. We were told that if the security guard couldn't search my wife's purse then we wouldn't be able to continue on to the movie.

I asked about a refund but was told that I would not be able to receive a refund for my concessions. After paying $35.00 for concessions we just agreed to the search.

This Company you're running is getting out of hand. My family will start waiting for movies to come out for purchase rather than wasting hard earned money on horrible experiences!!

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Prices and concessions, Staff.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 26, 2015.

Comments

Centreville, Maryland, United States #1183992

It's not a forced search if you are allowed to leave if you don't consent. If you go to an establishment or even just someone's house, you're expected to abide by their rules for their private property or you'll be asked to leave.

to Anonymous #1444042

Your responses are harsh. No wonder your theatre is pretty empty at all times.

Customers will not tolerate workers being abusive in nature. You rely on us, not the other way around.