3.0

The volume of this movie was very painful and I had to watch the movie with my fingers in my ears. My friend was doing the same.

It was painful for both of us. There is no purpose to play a musical at that same thunderous volume used for coming attractions and war movies. I will never attend your theater again unless you can assure me that those high volumes will be moderated. I intend to write to the Register Guard commentaries page if I do not get a reasonable answer.

This movie was La La Land, a musical.

Who wants to go to a sweet, wholesome movie and feel like you are at 70's Rock and Roll concert....known to damage the hearing of both the performers and the audience. My access code is 0670-0114-1712-17003-01402151 We attended a screening at around noon, on 1/14/17.

Review about: Regal Cinemas Movie Theater Facility.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Turn down the volume.

I didn't like: Your long procedure and loud volumne.

Comments

American Fork, Utah, United States #1279695

"Loudness" is subjective as some people have better hearing than others. That being said, the volume is preset to a certain level for all movies.

It can be adjusted, but some studios have specific requirements for their movies to be shown to maximum affect and the theater would get in trouble if they deviated from these requirements.

If you're in a matinee and there's hardly anyone in there with you, I'm sure you can ask for the volume to be turned down. In a full theater during premium times, I'm afraid you'll have to suck it up and just be aware that the sound system is VERY effective and if you have sensitive hearing you may not want to attend at these times.