Regal Cinemas Reviews

Show reviews that mention
movie theater tickets manager regal customer service customer service people ticket
Filter review

Inconsistant credits balance, left message, no call back

This is the 2nd time my Regal Crown Card, when used, has shown credits that have decreased in value. The last time this happened I was told there were 2 cards in my name so they transferred them tonthe correct card. My April 17th card had a 1900 credit total, yet this week it was 1850. I can't reach anyone, just the *** recording telling me to leave a message. I have & still no return call. Why have the card to earn reward credits if it can't keep proper count? You can't contact them on their website either. When you try to use the "contact us" in the drop doen box nothing happens.

Since you have earned 1900 points I am sure that by now you realize the reward breakdown is as follows:

50 points = Free popcorn

100 points = Free drink

150 points = Free movie

After you receive the free movie it starts all over again with a free popcorn at 200 points. Is it really that big of a deal that you have 1850 instead of 1900? In my many years with the company I have never heard of someone losing points on their card.

Overland Park, Kansas
Product
Regal Cinemas Website

This company is nothing but RUDE.

I had my son (20 years old) carry my daughter and her friend (minors) to this movie theater to see a scary movie. Upon entering this movie theater the lady behind the ticket counter was extremely rude to my son and my daughter was smart enough to skype me during the event. I seen the response from the staff live on my phone. I told my son to simply leave. He did and so I went and hopped into the car and took a ride down to see for myself what their issue was. When I got there the so called manager was just as rude to me as she was my son. We WILL be picketing this business tomorrow morning. 4/5/13 This will stick a feather in their cap I am sure. Avoid this movie theater at all costs.

geeee,

So you had your son pretend to be their legal guardian and try to purchase movie tickets to a "scary movie" aka probably a rated R film.... Yeah you are parent of the year!

Mr. Anonymous,

The reason people do not say what was said is because what was actually said would prove that their complaint was asinine and ridiculous.

Let me guess, the issue was that the scary movie was rated R and they would not let your son purchase tickets for your daughter and her friends. Your son then likely argued with the ticket person because he was "grown" and did not understand that in order for a minor to see an R rated movie they had to be accompanied by a legal guardian (which is someone 21 years of age or older).

Since your son did not get his way, and your precious time sans kids was ruined, the person had to be rude instead of just someone doing their job. The "rudeness" was that you did not get your way. Picketing the theater is absolutely ridiculous. Does picketing even work nowadays??

You sound like someone who just wants attention. If you ended up picketing the theater I can imagine how many people laughed at you and your absurd behavior.

God it would be nice if people would STATE WHAT WAS SAID instead of just saying someone was rude.....

View more comments (3)
Nashville, Tennessee
Loss

Never go to the Edwards Marques in Houston!

The first time we went, we saw Sinister. People CONSTANTLY text in the audience, a woman brought her infant in with her that cried through most of the movie and there is no theater check done by employees! We had to ask several times two people in front of us that kept texting. The second time, when we saw another movie a group of ten people sitting behind us would not be quiet, they kept giggling and kicking the back of our seats and texting. They didn't speak any English to us and insulted us entirely in Spanish thinking we couldn't understand them. When we politely asked for them to be quiet they mimicked us and started throwing food at us. After the movie a man with them tried to start a fight with my friend in the lobby and cussed us out. No one did anything even though it was in the middle of the lobby! The third and final time was last night, a woman brought in her young child with two friends and sat directly in front of us. ALL of them were texting (with the exception of the child) and kept talking throughout the duration of Oz the Great and Powerful. I asked her several times to stop and was ignored. Frustrated, I finally tried to talk to management to encourage theater checks and see about getting a refund. My very first job was at a movie theater! He basically told us there was nothing he could do, didn't offer to refund us, he didn't even apologize! HORRIBLE customer service! And this guy was a manager! I won't be returning! Time to find a new theater to go to!

Went to see the jungle book nasty theater dirty it was hot some of the restrooms were closed not a good experience don't recommend

Edwards cinema on Katy,Frwy. Bad experience restrooms were dirty some were closed had to walk all around building.it was hot the theater was dirty just not a place to go to

Assuming you're telling the whole story, it sounds like you got an apathetic, incompetent, or new and timid manager. Having worked for REG as an associate, at our theater we run at least 2 checks per movie, and would definitely have removed patrons (or had the police remove them) who were being disruptive.

View more comments (2)
Houston, Texas
Regal Cinemas Manager
Loss
Regal Cinemas - It Need to Be Said - The Daily Constitutional - Evolving from blandly inoffensive to utterly barbarous.
I was gifted $10 in a booklet of movie dollars that has no expiration date on it, yet when I went into the theatre to use the gift they indicated that they do not accept this form any longer that I NEED TO CALL the 1(87*)835-**** number. As if it is my problem to deal...

Seriously -- those must have been purchased in 2000 and you're THIS upset 13 years after the fact?

View more comments
Phoenix, Arizona
Regal Cinemas Customer Care
Loss
On Christmas Eve I bought $100 worth of gift cards for myself and my family as gifts. On Christmas day we wanted to see a movie but it was sold out so we never used our gift cards. A week later I went with my grandson to a movie and tried to use my gift card and they...

Same thing happened to my daughter. She got three $10 gift cards for her birthday from her grandmother and when she went to use them, the Regal Cinema movie theater told her there was no money on any of the three cards.

They gave her the same 800 number and no one answered the phone. $30 was spend on these cards and nothing came from it. What a rip-off! I think Regal is involved in this scam.

I will never buy one of their cards or go to one of their theaters. Shame on them for scamming a 75 year old woman and a 17 year old child.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Loss
I bought seven tickets to a show that got cancelled. I can not seem to contact anyone at Regal Cinemas in Newington, NH. I was given a number to call from the box office at the cinemas. The tickets were $15.00 each. I have left numerous voicemails with both my home and...

If they will not refund call VISA or who ever and claim it as a theft.

View more comments
Epsom, New Hampshire

Regal Theatre Grand Junction, CO

I just had the most frustrating experience I have ever had with Regal Cinema in Grand Junction, CO. I left California because I wanted the friendliness of a smaller town. An employee of Regal Cinema, Dave Wood, has just made me wonder why I moved to Grand Junction. My wife and I just went to see Wrath of the Titans at the Regal Cinema off 24 Road in Grand Junction, CO. We paid for our tickets, entered the theatre, and found our seats. My wife then went for popcorn but came back and told me that there was an AARP special and I had the card (the AARP gives you some indication of my age). I left the theatre and went out to the concession stand, bought popcorn, a drink, and candy and went back to the theatre with my hands full. The ticket agent (I don't remember if it was Dave Wood or not) asked me if I had a ticket stub. I said no and that my hands were full. I then returned to my seat in the theatre waiting for the movie to start. At this time an employee of Regal entered the theatre and asked me for my ticket stub. My wife and I were so flustered that neither one of us could find it (the theatre is dark and she couldn't find anything in her purse). At this point the employee asked us to provide the stub or leave. I insisted on a refund if we were going to leave. He said that there would be no refund unless we had the ticket stub. If we could find the ticket stub we wouldn't have had this problem in the first place (who keeps a ticket stub once you're in the theatre). At this point my wife was so embarrassed and flustered that she insisted that we just leave. I got up out of my seat and waited at the base of the stairs for my wife. While I was there I turned to the employee and placed the Milk Duds I had been eating in his pocket without touching him (a mistake I know, but I was angry). I then turned around and started to leave when he shoved me in the back. I turned around and told him that if he touched me again he would be sorry. He told me that I was out of control and that I should leave. I had already been in the process of leaving when he shoved me. Once outside I asked my wife if she could find the ticket stub. She attempted to check her purse but was so flustered that all she wanted to do was leave. At this point I asked the employee for his name. He said his name was Dave. I asked for a last name and he said Wood. At this point my wife and I left the theatre. I don't know if Dave Wood is his real name or not, but I plan on sending this exact same letter to Regal Cinema's complaint department (if they have one). Bill Mills Email: mauimills@***.net

If you would have put the box of milk duds in my pocket I would have slapped the *** out of you. If you want to be treated with respect you have to give respect.

First, you disrespected the ticket taker, and the theater, by thinking you were above following the rules. Most theaters have signs located near the ticket taker station informing guests to retain their stubs. The ticket taker asked you to show your stub, and you basically ignored them by stating that you didn't have it and walked in anyway. An employee then follows you into the theater to check your stub because you ignored the ticket.

The usher CORRECTLY removed you from the theater because you could not provide proof that you paid to be in that theater at that time. So what do you do to an individual who was just doing his job? Your pompous *** decides to shove a box of candy into his pocket. You may not have touched him but that act can certainly be considered an act of aggression.

And how would he have been sorry??

Your geriatric *** would have tried to play the tough guy, caught a beating, and then sue the guy. You are a ***.

It baffles me that people believe that when they go to a movie they feel that the rules do not apply to them. If you were at a concert or sporting event would you make sure you had your ticket stub before leaving your seat?

If you walked out of the building to get some food, would they let you back in without a ticket stub? Why is a movie theater held to a different standard than every other entertainment complex that requires a ticket stub for re-entry? The reason the employee came in after you is likely because when he asked you for it, you didn't provide it; and then instead of putting your popcorn or drink down to search for them in your pocket, you showed a complete lack of respect for the usher by ignoring him and going into the theater anyway. What would have happened to you if you did something like that at Wrigley Field or Madison Square Garden?

The same exact thing, except you probably would not have even made it to your seat.

And putting your candy in his pocket ? Who the *** are you that you don't have to follow the rules and you get to treat people like *** Your lucky that all he did was push you in the back.

@PissedConsumer760843

I agree on the fact of you need to retain your stub and that the theater had the right to ask you to leave.

They do not have the right to touch you period! He should have had assault charges brought on him

A Ticket Stub is your proof of purchase. I formerly worked as a manager for an REG theater. Believe me, we have people of ALL AGES try to sneak into movies or try to scam us every day.

Would you expect a store to give you a refund without a receipt? No. Would you risk riding a subway without your ticket stub? maybe, but you wouldnt be surprised if you got kicked off if a transit cop asked for it and you couldn't produce it. So, why would you expect anything different from a movie theater?

Corporate policy requires a voided copy of the ticket stub for refunds, which is sent to the corporate office and is looked over. No employee or manager is going to risk a write-up or reprisals because you lost what is effectively your receipt. It's you're fault; put it in your wallet, don't lose it.

Being an usher in a movie theater isn't the most demeaning job on the planet, but it's close. You're pretty much the mule-boy of the entire operation, and after having to clean up after people too lazy to throw out there own trash all day, it's easy to see why he would be set off by your attempt to stick it to him with milk duds. It doesn't really excuse him shoving you, but c'mon; shoving something into his pocket was just immature and ***.

@Dreyson

MrAnonymous now? Why not just go all the way and call yourself SoSad, ThatSearsCuy or LadyScot or don't you want everyone to know you are one of those professional repliers?

There was no reason for the worker to shove you, but in all honesty the policy of Regal is that you need your ticket stub as proof that you are in the correct movie and not theater jumping. It's unfortunate what happened but you are supposed to keep it to avoid these situations.

I work at a Regal and it's standard procedure. He is right that you can't be refunded if you don't have a ticket stub. To be honest though, even if you didn't touch the employee's body, putting the milk duds in his pocket is such a passive aggressive thing to do.

It doesn't excuse his retaliation but you have to remember, he's a person just like you working a job. How would you feel if someone yelled at you for doing your job and proceeded to put candy in your pocket?

A ticket stub is proof of your entry. Just keep the damned stub and don't ***.

View more comments (6)
Purchase, New York
Product
Regal Cinemas Movie Ticket

Regal Cinemas Oviedo Market Place Stadium 22

This letter is to complain about service I recently received from Regal Cinemas customer service representative named Michael Smith, further found out to be the General Manager. Couple of weeks ago, my-self and my wife went to see the movies hoping to have a good evening. We bought some popcorn and went in to watch the movie. However, after the show, my wife told me that she ate a band-aid that was in the popcorn we have bought earlier… For one, I am already unhappy to pay the amount they charge for it, now I find out about this incident I am outraged… To be polite I pulled Mr. Smith aside to let him know what has happened. All he did was write down his name and number. Right there and then, I received horrible customer service. Nothing was said to make the situation better. Come to find out the number I received was not his direct number… After I asked my assistant to find the right phone number she called the theater to find out how to deal with a problem. After she has been on hold for several minutes, Michael Smith came on the line. She explained my problem to him, as well as, asked for the corporate office information. Once heard about the issue Mr. Smith did nothing to solve the complaint again, he provided the corporate information and got of the phone. Needless to say, I was quite frustrated. I expected a much higher level of service from your company, and I am quite disappointed. Because I do not want to spend any more time on this problem, I am not returning to this movie theater if some action will not be taken to better customer service. I will be informing my friends and family about this experience.

Maybe the manager was performing some work or taking care of another customer when your assistant called. He likely did not realize that the The Almighty, sorry The Almighty's assistant, was on hold and he should drop everything to pick up your very important call.

Do you know how many phone calls a theater manager gets in a week from a customer claiming that something happened to them on their last visit? There are so many scams that a theater manager has to deal with it is ridiculous. Did you have proof that she ate a Band-Aid? How did your wife know that she ate a band-aide?

Even if you presented a Band-Aid to the manager, how is he to know that the Band-Aid was actually in the popcorn and not from your pocket??

Believe it or not the manager has to investigate the matter like Kelly stated in a previous comment. I know, you wouldn't lie about something like that, but hundreds of other movie patrons DO lie about that stuff every month in an attempt to get money or free passes.

Regal Cinemas at Oviedo in my opinion is the worst theater complex in the greater Orlando market. In my opinion, I have witnessed numerous times very poor customer service from on duty management...which trickles down to bad staff memembers.

This is why my family NEVER goes to Regal Cinemas in Oviedo. Poor and disrespectful service is NOT going to be rewarded.

There are plenty of nearby theaters to choose from that are NOT Regal. We suggest to all our friends and family when we hear they are going to a movie to avoid Regal Cinemas in Oviedo.

She ate a band aid? Saying your wife ate a bandaid, doesn't necessarily mean she did. As the manager he probably gave you his number, the number to the theatre, so you could contact him at a later time after he had a chance to investigate whether or not any staff lost a bandaid.

Depending of the size of the theatre there is only one number.

If he looked into it and noone was missing a bandaid and your wife ate it, there is not much he could do and your assistant was passing on second hand information and asked for the corporate number. Sorry but she relayed your thoughts and got the number that you wanted. So glad you have the kind of job you can have an assistant to send on your personal errands to do with nothing related to business at all. and you are complaining about the price of popcorn which is at the corporate level not the theatre level.

View more comments (2)